This week we are sharing with the entire world our famous Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake recipe. We have held these ingredients, our preparation and our cooking procedures very closely to our chest for many years but now realize that the public is ready to try and duplicate our most prized entree here in Baltimore. The holidays are the perfect time to spend with family and friends, so why not spend time seeing if you can create these crab cakes in your own kitchen at home.
Here at Luna, we have made the bold decision to develop an entire website to selling our famous Maryland delicacies to you. We have also decided to put together some easy to prepare romantic dinners that will include our marinated hand cut Certified Angus steaks with delicious homemade side dishes and our most popular appetizers like crab dip and jumbo lump crab cocktail if you are planning to entertain.
So, stay tuned to see everything that we have in store for you in 2014 and good luck preparing our customer's favorite item on the menu.
- 1 pound of jumbo lump crab meat (makes 4 - 4 ounce crab cakes)
- 2 crushed Saltine crackers
- 4 teaspoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 6 ounces of imperial sauce (makes 4 - 4 ounce crab cakes)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Crack 2 large eggs into a bowl and add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and Old Bay seasoning and mix.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan.
- Pre-heat oven on Broil for 350 degrees.
- Add the chopped parsley and the crushed Saltine crackers to the crab meat and toss in a large boil until mixed evenly.Toss the ingredients carefully with your hands and do not break up the crab meat.
- Add the imperial sauce to the dry crab cake mix. Again toss careful with your hands and do not break up the crab meat.
- Form the wet crab cake mixture into 4 large round balls.
- Place crab cakes on greased sheet pan and top each crab cake with 1 teaspoon of melted butter and a sprinkle of a paprika.
- Cook crab cakes for 10-15 minutes until they are light brown in color.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.